When you’re trying to find the most influential prospects on social media, we recommend initiating meaningful conversations that relevant to your business, products, and services. The key is to look for people who are expressing their wants and needs in real time. This provides the perfect opportunity for you to step into the spotlight.
When it comes to finding quality leads for your business, keep in mind the following tips:
- Choose keywords that people would actually use in their tweets. Avoid terms that are too technical or wouldn’t feel “natural” in an online conversation. Don’t forget to include slang and popular hashtags that relate to your product or service.
- Consider your ideal customer, and how they would express a need for your product or service through online channels.
- Use single keywords as well as keyword phrases.
- Choose keywords that are relevant to your offer, eBook, and/or referral.
- Look for people expressing a “specific intent” to purchase your product or service. For example, search for people who are directly expressing a need or interest and are already posed to make a purchase. For example, someone who tweets, “I’m hungry” doesn’t express a specific intent compared to someone who tweets, “I would really love tacos for lunch!”
- Make all of your Twitter conversations as unique as possible, and don’t be afraid to use the prospect’s name (if provided in their user bio).
- Consider the time of day in relation to when LBCs are performed. For example, a bagel shop would likely have more success with their campaign early in the morning when people are just waking up and talking about breakfast, rather than waiting until later on in the day.
- Be sure to respond in a timely manner. Everything on Twitter is happening in real-time, and many tweets will need quick responses.
This post was written by SocialCentiv Contributor Kristina Kopplin.